Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Salmon and egg THM Sandwich

Hello everybody! Here I am ... excited to share a new THM recipe with you. With me you will usually find the most inexpensive recipes with the ingredients that are easier to find... THM is doable for most budgets, cultures and lifestyles... You just have to apply the principles from the book to your life... No counting... just enjoying food! Many ladies get overwhelmed with the book, some even feel that there might be something wrong with them for "not getting it" right away... BUT... read, read, read, start to apply what you are in fact understanding and it will soon just "click"! Most of us THMs are just women with busy lives, just like you, most of us don't have a doctorate and many of us have mommy brain as well... (not that we are not smart, we just always have a kid saying "mommy, mommy, mommy" all the time) ... so... everyone can do this!

If you are not familiar with the THM plan/lifestyle check: Trim Healthy Mama and THM Beginners FB Group

So... here's today's recipe, it's super easy to put together... More than a recipe I'd actually call it "an idea" of what to make for an easy lunch:



Salmon and Egg THM Sandwich (S meal)

What I did:

First I made a "Salmon Salad Mexican Style" which I prepare using:

1 can of wild caught pink salmon
1 tbsp. of mayo (or to taste)
pinch of smoke paprika
1 tsp. of adobo (from a can of "chipotles en adobo") - Note: chipotles en adobo usually have a trace amount of sugar in their ingredients, but it's not significant.
OR you can use finely chopped jalapeno pepper (to taste, start with a little bit if you can't handle much heat)
You can also add cubed avocado, 1 tbsp. of finely chopped onion and 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro (it is yummy)

Mix it all together in a small bowl, season with: salt, pepper to taste

Then I made my sandwich! I just followed their "Bread in a Mug Recipe" you can find it on pinterest or even better... in the book: page 265


Halved the THM bread, added a bit of mustard on one side, added a slice (or two) of tomato, 1 sliced hard boiled egg and some spring mix leaves...

You will have leftover salad... Enjoy it!!! (You are welcome!)

YUM!!!

It was delish... it satisfied my "sandwich craving" (I absolutely love sandwiches!!!) and at the same time I got my "Mexican Fix" ... the Mexican flavors in the salad were just spot on!

I hope you'll try this... Let me know if you do... your comments are very encouraging!


© Paloma K.

No comments: